31.12.11

Hello World

Step 1 = Complete

It actually wasn't anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be, But I actually made and tested an application, it's on my phone right at this moment telling me that it's alive and working, Don't get me wrong, I'm aware of how very small this step is, even an infant could do it, but the fact that I could get THIS far and not encounter any crippling problems (Unlike with Nokia and their "you need to ask us for a certificate per application before you can do anything" philosophy) is pretty awesome... The only thing is, now I have to learn Java... Which is kind of a good thing, seeing as I've been meaning to do it for a while anyway...

Virtual Droid
My Droid
It's pretty exciting to see something you programmed come up and tell you that it's (relatively) alive and kicking.

4 comments:

  1. if you need a hand with Java, just give me a call. I work with it for uni, so i might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks man, speaking of which, do you know any sites to point me in the right direction for using java? it's proving to be quite a challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. generally you can just google the answer. if you want to know how something works/what's in a library, use http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/ or just google java api. If you want a tutorial, you're on your own.

    ReplyDelete